Shelter-in-place lifted after SWAT response in Kyle; suspect taken into custody
KYLE, Texas — A shelter-in-place order was lifted Saturday afternoon after a SWAT response in a Kyle neighborhood ended with a suspect surrendering to law enforcement, according to the Hays County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies initially responded to the 3500 block of Goforth Road for what officials described as a deadly conduct suspect barricade.
ALSO| Fugitive wanted for attempted murder, assault arrested on I-35 near New Braunfels
Out of caution, residents in the area were asked to shelter in place through a Reverse 911 alert while law enforcement worked the scene. Authorities said there was no immediate danger to the public, but noted shelter-in-place orders are standard during SWAT responses in residential areas because officers cannot predict a suspect’s actions.
The sheriff’s office later announced around 12:33 p.m. that the suspect was in custody and the Reverse 911 alert had been lifted.
Comment with Bubbles
BE THE FIRST TO COMMENT
Officials said the suspect surrendered peacefully and was taken into custody on charges related to family violence and endangering a child.




