McDonald’s manager charged with putting saliva on fries in Mass.

A police report filed in court said Santos had allegedly soiled the fries at work on the night of April 9, going so far as to film herself in the act.
That video clip, which was recorded under her Snapchat handle and went viral, came to attention of police on May 7, the report said.
“In the video, which is clearly in a McDonald’s kitchen area, Santos is heard saying ‘When your girlfriend want french fries today right … she wants french fries today right,’” the report said.
Santos “was then observed grabbing a hand full of french fries, putting them in her mouth and then placing them in a french fry carton,” the police report said, adding that officers “positively identified the female as being Kaylie Santos, through past dealings with her.”
The owners of the Southbridge McDonald’s identified Santos as the store’s night manager, according to the report, and they said they wanted to pursue criminal charges.
On the video footage, the report said, Santos “is observed handing a soft drink to the driver through the window,” and she also “hands the to-go bag to the driver who then drives away.”
Police determined the driver was a 19-year-old woman.
The woman, the report said, indicated to police on May 12 that “she saw the video that had been posted online and further confirmed that she was who Santos gave the fries to. [The woman] advised that she and Santos dated for approximately two years and broke up in October 2024. [The woman] stated Santos was mad because she is now dating someone else and has been harassing her and her new partner.”
On the night of the fry fiasco, the woman told police, she had only ordered two Dr. Peppers at the drive-thru but was given the fries as well.
“[The woman] stated she didn’t think much of it, took the fries and ate them,” the report said.
She also urged police to file charges, despite the alleged protestations of her former romantic partner.
“[The woman] further advised over the past day she has received messages from Santos begging her not to file charges against her,” the report said.
Officials said Santos’s alleged conduct was especially galling given her status as a manager.
Santos ”was held to a higher standard as she was expected to lead the shift operations by ensuring high quality food, friendly service and overall cleanliness of not only of the restaurant but of the food being served as well,” police said.
It does not appear any other customers were affected, the report said.
The Spadea and Balducci families, who run a number of franchises in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, including the Southbridge location, had said in a recent statement before the charges were issued that “the well being and safety of our Southbridge community remains our top priority.”
Santos’s alleged actions, the owners said, are “unacceptable and do not reflect our organization’s food safety standards or values.”
“We, as an organization, are conducting an internal review and are proactively working with local authorities, in addition to the local health department, who found no public health concerns or violations,” they said.
The owners “completed and signed” a “No Trespass Order against Santos” on May 12, the police report said.
Material from prior Globe stories was used in this report.
Travis Andersen can be reached at [email protected].




