Russia-Ukraine war: Large-scale Russian attack on Ukraine leaves four dead and dozens injured

President Vladimir Putin has accused Ukraine of a deadly strike on a student dormitory in the town of Starobilsk on Friday, in which 21 people were killed.
The general staff of Ukraine’s armed forces said it did carry out an attack near Starobilsk in Russian-occupied eastern Ukraine overnight on Friday, but maintained that it struck an elite Russian military nit.
Russia’s overnight strikes on Sunday come after warnings from Zelensky that Russia was planning an attack, and that it may be preparing to use the Oreshnik missile, which reportedly travels at more than 10 times the speed of sound and is impossible to intercept.
It is also known to be capable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads.
Zelensky said in a Telegram post on Sunday that Russia had launched the Oreshnik missile against the city of Bila Tserkva in the Kyiv region.
Ukraine’s presidential office later said it was not confirming that, saying work was ongoing to determine exactly what had been used.
It would be the third time Russia has used the Oreshnik missile in the conflict. Both French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Friedrich Merz condemned the reported use of the weapon, while EU foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas described it as a “political scare-tactic and reckless nuclear-brinkmanship”
She said EU foreign ministers would discuss how to “dial up the international pressure on Russia” next week.




